IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN
Due to the Federal Government Shutdown, Social Security field offices are open with limited services. Hearings offices remain open to conduct hearings before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ). Social Security card centers are closed.
Social Security and Supplemental Security Income payments to beneficiaries will continue with no change in payment dates.
Due to Congressional inaction to prevent the Government shutdown, SSA will only provide the following services at Social Security field offices:
- Help you apply for benefits
- Assist you in requesting an appeal
- Change your address or direct deposit information
- Accept reports of death
- Verify or change your citizenship status
- Replace a lost or missing Social Security payment
- Issue a critical payment
- Change a representative payee
- Process a change in your living arrangement or income (SSI recipients only)
SSA cannot provide the following services:
- Issue new or replacement Social Security cards
- Replace your Medicare card
- Issue a proof of income letter
Posted on October 14, 2013, in Uncategorized and tagged attorney, byron david, Byron P. David, conway, david law firm, government shutdown, lawyer, Myrtle Beach, SC, the david law firm. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.